How to Get into Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin, where Oscar Wilde was once taught, is now widely recognized as Ireland’s finest academic institution. It also counts One Direction member Niall Horan among its notable alums. The top school combines an open, diverse community with cutting-edge research and teaching to foster original thought on a global scale. Over 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from various academic backgrounds (including the natural and social sciences, business, law, engineering, the arts, and the humanities) call the university home. If you’re considering enrolling at the Irish research university, you’ll want to read on for a full rundown of the available courses, student services, application requirements, and other benefits.
Also, consider reading about Safety, Target, Reach schools on the blog.
Trinity College Dublin: An Overview
The stunning campus of the university spans an enormous 51 acres and features a blend of historic buildings and cutting-edge facilities. Trinity College Dublin offers students the benefits of extracurricular activities through its 170 student societies and clubs. The university’s library houses over 6.25 million volumes, and students have online access to over 30,000 periodicals covering a wide range of disciplines. Students from outside the European Union enrolled full-time are permitted to work up to 40 hours per week during the academic year.
Popular Courses at Trinity College Dublin
The university’s curriculum is designed to help students realize their full potential and launch their professional life in the right direction. However, please be aware that the online application fee for each course at Trinity is €55 (4,300 INR) and is a non-refundable fee.
|COURSE||COURSE FEE (FIRST YEAR)||DURATION|
|Bachelor of Arts (MOD) Computer Science||€23,000||4 Years|
|B.A.I. in Computer Engineering||€23,000||4 Years|
|Bachelor in Business Studies||€18,000||4 Years|
|LLB (Law and Business)||€20,000||4 Years|
|BA Economics||€20,000||4 Years|
|COURSE||COURSE FEE (FIRST YEAR)||DURATION|
|LLM International and European Business Law||€20,000||1 Year|
|MSc Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technology||€11,000||2 Years|
|MSc Health Services Management||€19,000||2 Years|
|MSc Interactive Digital Media||€24,000||1 Year|
|MSc Counselling Psychology||€20,000||3 Years|
Eligibility Criteria for Trinity College Dublin
Many of the university’s non-EU student body is composed of international students. Therefore, students who meet the following criteria will be accepted to study at Trinity College Dublin.
Also read – International Students Study British Levels University Entrance.
- A minimum of 75% in that subject in Grade XII is mandatory for a specific program.
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
- Mathematics should have been opted as a compulsory subject till Grade X
- Pass a Trinity College-recognized English proficiency exams, such as the International English Language Testing System (with a minimum score of 6.5), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (with a minimum score of 88 on the internet-based test), or the Pearson Test of English (with a minimum score of 63).
- Applicants must have a 2.1 grade point average or its foreign equivalent to study at any accredited Irish university.
- Students are expected to demonstrate exceptional proficiency in English language assessments.
- A band score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or a score of 88 on the Internet-based TOEFL, or 570 on the paper-based TOEFL is required.
- Trinity College also accepts test results from the Pearson Test of English and Duolingo English.
- Provide a certificate of completion from Trinity College’s Centre for English Language Learning and Pre-Pathway Master’s Program demonstrating a score of at least II.1.
Scholarships for Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin, founded in 1952, has generously offered scholarships to qualified international students. The university welcomes students from low-income backgrounds who seek a challenging and rewarding undergraduate or graduate degree program.
The acceptance rate at Trinity College Dublin is 34%, which is higher than the average. A high SAT score, strong letters of recommendation, and a rounded application all increase a student’s chances of being accepted to their preferred college.
Cost of Living for International Students
Budget around €1300 per month to cover living costs at Trinity College Dublin.
|Expenditure||Approximate Monthly Costs|
|Rent + Utilities||€455|
|Travel + Phone||€160|
|Books + University Material||€70|
|Student Charge||IN €330|
Hopefully, this blog will inform the reader about the best school in Ireland now. So, contact 21K School World Campus today to get started on the admissions process to Trinity College Dublin with the help of our professional mentors and see how life changes for the better.
21K School World
Read our latest education blogs here. We are pioneers in proffering personalised, affordable and high-quality lessons using an advanced learning platform.
Join Asia’s Leading Online School and Unlock
Leading Online School
and Unlock endless opportunities
You may also want to read
How Online Schooling will Change the Future of EducationOnline Schools
21K School · Feb 7, 2023 · 3 min read