IELTS and GMAT Scores to Study in New Zealand
Are you looking to study in New Zealand? Wondering what IELTS and GMAT scores you need to achieve your dreams? Well, you have come to the right place!
This blog will tell you about GMAT and IELTS scores for New Zealand. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an English proficiency test required by many universities worldwide, including New Zealand.
The British Council jointly manages IELTS, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English. It is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study or work in an English-speaking environment.
IELTS is available in two versions: Academic and General Training.
- Academic IELTS is for those who want to pursue higher education.
- General Training IELTS is for those who want to migrate to an English-speaking country or get training/work experience.
What is GMAT?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is an adaptive computer test that assesses a candidate’s analytical, writing, quantitative, and verbal skills. It is required by most business schools worldwide for admission into their MBA programs.
The GMAT is owned and administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a 3.5-hour test consisting of four sections: Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal.
Now that we have a basic understanding of IELTS and GMAT, let’s look at the requirements for studying in New Zealand.
IELTS Requirements for New Zealand
If you want to study at a university in New Zealand, you will need to take the Academic version of the IELTS test. The minimum score requirement for admission into most universities is 6.5, with no band less than 6.0. However, some universities may have higher score requirements.
Also read – QS World University Rankings
List of the university for IELTS requirements:
- Auckland University of Technology – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each component
- University of Canterbury – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each component
- Lincoln University – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each component
- Massey University – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each component for undergraduate programs and overall band score of 7.0 with no less than 7.0 in each component for postgraduate programs
- University of Otago – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each component for some programs
- Victoria University of Wellington – Overall band score of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in each component
- University of Waikato – Overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each component for some programs
IELTS requirements may vary depending on the program and institution, so it’s best to check with the university you’re interested in before applying. In general, however, most universities will require an overall band score of at least 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each component.
Some programs may require a higher score, and some institutions may have different requirements for different programs.
GMAT Requirements for New Zealand
If you want to study business at a university in New Zealand, you will need to take the GMAT test. The minimum score requirement for admission into most business schools is 550. However, some business schools may have a higher score requirement.
List of business school GMAT requirements:
- Auckland University of Technology Business School – Minimum score of 550
- Massey University Graduate School of Management – Minimum score of 550
- University of Auckland Business School – No minimum score is required, but the average score of successful applicants is 650-680
- Victoria University of Wellington School of Management – Minimum score of 550
- Waikato Management School – Minimum score of 550
The above list provides the minimum score required by each business school and the average score of successful applicants. If you plan to apply to a business school in New Zealand, you must take the time to research the specific requirements of each school. This will ensure that you can put your best foot forward when it comes time to apply.
So, these are the IELTS and GMAT requirements for studying in New Zealand. If you meet these requirements, you will be one step closer to getting into your dream university!
If you plan to study in New Zealand, you must check with the institution of your choice to see which English proficiency test they accept. IELTS and GMAT are both widely accepted tests, so you should have no problem finding a test accepted by the institution you wish to attend. Visit our blog to learn more about how to pick your dream university and more.
21K School World
Read our latest education blogs here. We are pioneers in proffering personalised, affordable and high-quality lessons using an advanced learning platform.
Join Asia’s Leading Online School and Unlock
Leading Online School
and Unlock endless opportunities
You may also want to read
When Should I Start the College Admissions Process?University Admissions
21K School · Mar 29, 2023 · 2 min read