Mannes School of Music
Mannes School of Music is a pioneer in the field of music education. The most crucial music families in the US, the Mannes and Damrosch, founded it in 1916. The school transformed music into a discipline by combining classical learning with real-world experience. It is a private music school with two divisions — college and preparatory. The institute offers various programs like Prep, Bachelors, Masters, and ESL+Music.
Why Choose Mannes School of Music?
Check the pointers listed below to know why to study music at Mannes:
- It combines the traditional ways of music with the changing demands of the time. and has an excellent infrastructure to support the students’ training.
- The school provides tremendous growth opportunities by training students to become skilled artists.
- Students get many options, like taking the stage, experimenting, collaborating, performing, and charting their course.
Areas of study at Mannes School of Music are:
- Collaborative piano
Mannes offers a wide range of courses ranging from beginner to advance levels. It will help students develop all the skills needed to become an artist. They focus on cross-disciplinary training so that they learn social and business skills along with music.
This program is for students from 4 to 18 years of age. It prepares students who want to pursue a career in music. Faculties prepare a tailored curriculum based on the age and skill level of the student.
Students can get a bachelor’s degree in music at Mannes. It also offers a master’s in Arts, Management, and Entrepreneurship. They can graduate with both degrees in five years by enrolling in a dual degree program.
The master’s program in music prepares students to become elite. It also teaches invaluable business and leadership skills.
ESL + Music
The ESL+Music course helps students brush up on their English language skills. This course prepares students for degree-level courses. They can study music with a faculty member while improving their command of English skills.
Admission Process (Masters and Bachelors Degree)
Students must submit students have to submit a joint application and a recorded video or audio. It will serve as an audition or a portfolio.
There are three main stages in the application process —
- The first stage is to submit the common application.
- Second, appear for pre-screening (only for voice, composition, and piano).
- And finally, the third, go for the final auditions.
Undergraduate Admission Process in Brief
- Students must fill out the common online application form and pay the fees. The application fee is $75 and 5,979INR, which is non-refundable. However, the school may waive the fee in case of financial hardships.
- Then, students have to write two essays on different topics. The word count should be between 500 to 650 words.
- Students must submit their recorded portfolio if they have applied for piano, composition, or vocal. Only selected applicants will appear for the next round.
- After that, students must submit their Letter of Recommendation (LOR). Transfer students have to submit 1 LOR, while 1st-year applicants must submit 2 LORs.
- Students will need to submit their transcripts from high school and university.
- The music school will automatically consider them for a merit scholarship once they get admitted.
- The new school doesn’t require scores for any competitive exams.
- The music school will conduct all their auditions through recorded videos.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit English language proficiency results. The result should not be older than two years.
- After completing all the required processes, students can check their application status online.
Graduate Application Process in Brief
- Students have to apply online and then submit the application fee. International students have to pay $50 as their application fee. However, the school may waive the application fee in case of financial hardships.
- Students will be required to write an essay on one of the four topics provided for the test. The required word count is 200 to 500 words.
- Students must submit their recorded portfolio if they apply for piano, vocals, or composition.
- They are needed to submit unofficial transcripts or results for each institute.
- Students will need two LORs from academic or professional references.
Students willing to pursue their career in Mannes School of Music can contact the experts at 21k school. Experienced professionals at 21k schools will provide the proper guidance to the students, from their application process to the time they finally get admission.
21K School World
Read our latest education blogs here. We are pioneers in proffering personalised, affordable and high-quality lessons using an advanced learning platform.
Join Asia’s Leading Online School and Unlock
Leading Online School
and Unlock endless opportunities
You may also want to read
Unlocking Sustainable Opportunities: Leading ESG Certification CompaniesFeatured
21K School · Sep 18, 2023 · 8 min read