The University of California, Berkeley— Fees, Programmes, Admissions
The University of California, Berkeley, popularly known as UC Berkeley, was established in 1868 and is one of the best state institutions in the US. A public research varsity, UC Berkeley consists of 14 schools and colleges, offering more than 350-degree programmes. With 31,000 undergraduate and 12,000 graduate students currently enrolled, UC Berkeley is also one of the best institutions in the world.
Home to the Free Speech Movement and the political activism of the 1960s, UC Berkeley, which operates under the motto “Let there be light,” has significantly contributed to many scientific breakthroughs. Keep reading the article for more information on the University of California, Berkeley, fee structure, preferred programmes, scholarships, and other topics.
Why Study at The University of California, Berkeley?
There are several advantages to choosing the University of California, Berkeley, for your academic growth:
- UC Berkeley was ranked number five on Forbes’ list of the best colleges for 2018. Most people trust this university as it offers a wide range of courses.
- The Space Science Laboratory and the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute are the two preeminent research institutions at UC Berkeley.
- Depending on their interests, students can choose from more than 350-degree programmes.
- The varsity has produced several well-known professors, distinguished graduates, and researchers. Among these notable individuals are four Pulitzer Prize winners, 107 Nobel laureates, eight Nobel Prize winners, and 17 Olympic medalists.
Also read, How Much Does It Cost To Study In The USA?
More than 43,000 international students are now enrolled at UC Berkeley. More than 350 degree programmes, including 160 undergraduate programmes, are offered in fields ranging from law to physics. Numerous programmes of significance, including computer science, economics, and cellular biology, are also available. Here are some popular courses offered at UC Berkeley and their prices:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering Physics
- BS/BA in Environmental Economics and Policy
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Conservation and Resource Studies
- Molecular and Cell Biology Major
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Molecular Environmental Biology
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nutritional Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Microbial Biology
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Above are a few courses that cost between INR20 lakh and INR30 lakh. The students can select a course of their choice in advance to receive the best guidance before they plan to study abroad.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
- MA in Statistics, M.S. in Systems Engineering, M.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Materials Science and Engineering, M.S. in Energy
- Civil Infrastructure and Climate
- M.S. in Transportation Engineering
- Master of Arts in Mathematics
- Master of Real Estate Development
- Design (MRED+D)
You must submit your application to the University of California, Berkeley, using the site’s official page. There are certain financial documents required that you might need to provide. Depending on the various courses you select based on your interests, the deadline for each intake varies.
Being exposed to different cultures directly is the best way to become familiar with them. A thriving global career requires an understanding of and an ability to communicate with people from many cultural backgrounds. By becoming more self-aware and respectful of cultural differences, you can gain crucial knowledge about communicating effectively in a global setting.
Hope this blog helps you understand how to apply to US universities like The University of California. It was founded in 1868 and received funding from the federal government as a benefit of the Morrill Land Grant Act of 1862. UC Berkeley inherited the land and facilities of the erstwhile private College of California. In addition to being recognised as one of the best public research universities in the United States of America, the varsity is also acknowledged as being the origin place of the discovery of 16 of the chemical elements that make up the periodic table. In addition, the highly esteemed Association of American Universities counts the University of California, Berkeley, generally known as UC Berkeley, as one of its original 14-member institutions. We hope this article will help you pick your dream college. For more information, please visit the official website of 21K School.
21K School World
Read our latest education blogs here. We are pioneers in proffering personalised, affordable and high-quality lessons using an advanced learning platform.
Join Asia’s Leading Online School and Unlock
Leading Online School
and Unlock endless opportunities
You may also want to read
When Should I Start the College Admissions Process?University Admissions
21K School · Mar 29, 2023 · 2 min read